Job Description: We are looking for a mid-level to senior technical writer to support multiple temporary research/writing projects on the topic of integrated waste management / recycling. The Technical Writer will conduct research of best practices and lessons learned on recycling programs and activities and use this in the writing of various materials e.g. case studies, training manuals, general reports, etc.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide research, writing, and editing services
- For research, develop a methodology and tools to capture information consistently. Research may include telephone interviews, email surveys, and/or desk research.
- Provide editorial services to develop and produce a variety of print, digital and photographic products
- Ensure that all print deliverables comply with copyright, trademark laws and regulations
- Follow or devise and establish editorial style sheets and/or templates for use when copyediting/proofreading a variety of print/digital publications
- Edit and proof read materials
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or a related field
- At least (5) five years professional editorial/copy editing experience
- Experience in working with integrated waste managment, otherwise recycling programs or publications
- Possess a keen eye for detail and exceptional proofreading skills
- Experience in reviewing reports and miscellaneous multi-page publications
- Superior written communication skills and thorough knowledge of grammar and syntax
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills, ability to analyze, synthesize and condense text
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and conflicting schedules
- Ability to work independently, multitask and shift priorities
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word; experience with editing electronic manuscripts
- Ability to edit PDF files using Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with following style guides e.g. Chicago, GPO, AP Style manual
*Positions are open until filled. No RECRUITMENT AGENCIES candidates should apply. The position will be hired as a temporary EMPLOYEE, NOT freelance contractor or consultant.
Telework candidates and candidates from outside the metro area, will be considered.