Links Global is a consulting company providing communication, information technology, and business services to public and private sector clients.
Links Global is looking for multimedia specialists (with graphic/web/AV skills) to support a variety of government-agency based full-time positions.Multimedia specialists should have skills to design and layout a variety of material from magazines and reports to posters and brochures utilizing Adobe Creative Suite software and MS Office.
Multimedia specialists should have basic graphic design skills and still and video camera operation and audiovisual editing skills with the ability to create commercials, educational videos, and other documentaries.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand and strictly follow client style, branding, and marking guidelines;
- Ensure efficient and effective print and multimedia design and layout of print and web publications in accordance with Section 508 (Accessibility standards)
- Work to develop a clear understanding of project visual communication requirements
- and develop design "roughs" (sketches), illustrations, and infographics
- Prepare comprehensive designs and layouts using design elements in photography,
- illustration, computer-generated imagery, and text for print and electronic publication;
- Layout out a variety of publications including magazines, books, fact sheets, brochures
- Video camera and still camera operation
- AV editing of a variety of spots
- Support business development and internal company needs
- As needed, work from government offices in the DC metro area
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree in Graphic Design, Desktop Publishing, Web Design/Development, or a related field
- Three (3) or more years' experience working in media arts, laying out publications, and designing websites
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- 100% proficient in English; an additional language highly desirable
- Strong visual arts design skills with experience using industry-standard tools, including Adobe CS software, content management systems, and AV software
- Ability to work with MS Office (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Experience with file-sharing platforms such as Google Drive, Box, or DropBox
- Ability to liaise effectively with senior management personnel, clients, and suppliers
- Strong organizational experience that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Incumbent hired will have a demonstrated ability to coordinate
- and/or take on multiple projects simultaneously from concept to launch to distribution and to marketing/promotion.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience with, the use of new and emerging communications technology for publications, including multimedia production
- Ability to handle multiple work assignments and collaborate well with colleagues under extreme deadline pressure
- Must be comfortable with taking initiative, able to work under minimal supervision
- Must be able to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking, and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment
- Broader communications knowledge or experience beyond graphic/wed design to ensure good collaboration and coordination with public relations and marketing teams desirable
Benefits and Perks
Workers compenstation, paid leave, federal holidays, health insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, wage/salary depends upon experience